- “Metamorphosis” & “Sacro-Profanum”
- music for string ensemble from the early eighteenth century, including masterpieces of Biber, Furchheim, Muffat, Castello and Couperin, alongside new transcriptions by the Saraband Consort of J.S. Bach’s Preludes and Fugues for Organ.
- “Love and War”
- music from Monteverdi’s “Otto libro dei madrigali” – his eighth book of madrigals for love and war, interspersed with other Italian music of the time.
- “Bach – friends, family, colleagues and adversaries”
- a collection of music for single voices and strings, featuring music from JS Bach’s time and also his family – JC Bach, Buxtehude, Schütz, Rosenmüller, Tunder, Kuhnau, etc.
Our 2007 demo CD contains a sample of repertoire from our Metamorphosis and Sacro-Profanum programmes. Hard copies are available on request.
- Muffat, Suite no.1 from Florilegium Primum:
- J.S. Bach, Prelude & Fugue in D minor BWV539 arr. Benjamin Bayl and the Saraband Consort:
- Biber, Sonata IV from Fidicinium Sacrum Profanum:
The Saraband Consort welcomes projects involving larger instrumental forces and collaborations with other organisations. We will happily arrange an orchestra to complement a choral society in any of the major Baroque oratorios, masses or Passions. We have recently performed Bach’s St John Passion with Jesus College Chapel Choir, Cambridge, and Handel’s Messiah with both the Leicestershire Chorale and the Choir of St.Bride’s Fleet Street.
Other repertoire includes Bach’s St.Matthew Passion, B minor Mass, Christmas Oratorio, other Handel and Mozart oratorios and masses, and Monteverdi’s Vespers. Please contact us for a quote for your event.